Saturday, May 8, 2010

My 1st Half Marathon

My friend Nicole convinced me to run the "Hippie Chick Half Marathon" with her in May. This race fills up within hours of opening the registration. So, Dave and I stayed up until past midnight on Halloween so that I could sign up and be COMMITTED!

Well, since then, I have struggled with an aggravating hip "issue"! It got so bad, that it hurt to stand up and walk. So, I took some time off of exercising until after the holidays. In January, I started to ease back into running VERY slowly in hopes that I would be able to run 13 miles by the beginning of May without my hip hurting!

About 2 weeks before the race, I still was not sure if I would be able to participate. But, I decided to go ahead and race and hope that my hip would not flare up.

It ended up being a gorgeous day! And I had a fabulous run. I felt great the whole time and my hip cooperated! My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and 10 minutes, which I did (2 hours, 8 min. and 16 seconds!!!)


Me (horrid picture!), Nicole and Stacey before the race. It was great to see and wave to them during the race!



My sweet friend and past running partner, Tamara, sent these delicious chocolated covered strawberries to congratulate me! YUM!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Wow, those do look yummy! Finally, some blog updates!!!