Monday, October 19, 2009

Alex gets baptized!

Yesterday, October 18th, Alex was finally baptized! He has been waiting anxiously to be baptized since March, when Hayden got baptized. Even though Alex was sick (temp. got up to 104), he wouldn't even consider NOT being baptized.


Here's an excited Alex with his Dad just before he was baptized. Alex thought it was really cool to wear the same white pants and tie that his cousins Bryant and Parker wore when they were baptized.



Of course I had to get in on a picture with my boy. He was a little anxious to be done taking pictures and to get started with his baptismal program. Tanner Sork (our Home Teacher) and Amy Morgan (his primary teacher) did a great job speaking at his baptism. When Amy pulled out Alex's baby blanket as an example of a "comfortor", Alex was shocked! But he totally understood her analogy. I just loved sitting by him and watching his face light up with excitement during the evening. This is one of those times when being a mom is the BEST!


Alex was also very fortunate to have both sets of grandparents travel all the way to Washington to be with him on his special day. What a lucky boy!

5 comments:

The Morgans said...

He is such a sweet boy I am glad I got to be part of his special day.

teamZ said...

It was a very nice baptism.

Tamara said...

Congrats to Alex! What an exciting event for him. I'm sorry we missed it. Miss you!

Steph said...

What a great day for a cute boy! Kenyon is now ready for his baptism! Too bad he has to wait for another year.

camille said...

I wish we lived close enough to be able to come. what a special occasion for him! And what is up with him doing the same thing Trent did on his baptism day - - HELLO FEVERS ARE NOT ALLOWED! lol.

Oh, and I know I am a horrible sister because every time I think about calling you about his baptism I totally get side tracked and never do. bad bad bad sister! sigh.