Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthday Boy!

It's hard to believe that on Wednesday (the 24th) Alex turned 7! I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday (that is the part of the day that I was awake for). Those days were both scary and exciting. Alex was such a cute baby (for being SO small) and he was really healthy at first. We were so excited to know that even though Alex was born 3 months early, he would be ok.

Alex at 5 days old

It is amazing how just overnight life can change so quickly. I remember going into the NICU excited to see and hold Alex (I could only hold him twice a day for a few minutes each time). When we got there, he was hooked up to the respirator and struggling to hang on. Luckily, many prayers were answered and he became a healthy, smart, active boy.

Alex at 6 weeks after his bought with NEC

We just love Alex! and are so thankful that we are able to have such a miracle in our lives. Happy Birthday Dude!

No comments: