We started by having the kids color some "Star Wars" pages as we waited for everyone to arrive.

Then Dave and I helped them "dress the part", taught them the "rules" of being a Jedi to prepare them for receiving/using their "training" lightsaber. Then we went outside (yeah for nice weather!) and did some lightsaber "training drills". The kids loved trying to pop the balloons and the bubbles.


Then Dave taught them some one on one "combat" moves. They practiced with Dave and then we paired them up for more practice. Then they went ALL out! It was a blast to watch them "fight" each other. They were all so good about following the lightsaber rules!


Next we pulled out the Death Star Pinata that I paper mached. What kid does't like swinging and trying to destroy a pinata...especially with a lightsaber?!!?
Then we had Alex's Lightsaber cake, opened presents and played even more! Alex loved his party and I love the fact that it's over!
2 comments:
Kenyon loved the party! What a cute lightsaber cake!
Seriously,,,,, I want to party at your house!!! =)
Post a Comment