Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Food Storage

For just over a year, I have been working hard on purchasing and packaging our year's supply of food storage(Thanks to Pantry Partners for their help and support!). I have to say that it feels really good to be essentially done! Our family now has a year's supply of the basics that the church recommends, but I still want to finish a 3 month supply of our everyday foods.

Here's a picture of the back bay in our garage. Dave and I just reorganized some things last Saturday to make room for our 10x10 meals (10 different dinners that we can pretty much just eat off the shelf, that I then have 10 of). Once I have figured out the remaining 7 dinners for my 10x10, my shelves will be full AND we'll be DONE!

Here's stacks of buckets of wheat, rice and flour! That's tons of food! Now I just have to figure out yummy ways to rotate my wheat.

I put my canned jars above my kitchen cabinets. I never thought I'd be one of "those" who stashed food storage throughout their house. Oh well! Since there's not much space between the tops of my cabinets and ceiling to decorate, I decided to "eat my words" and put my jars up there.
In our upstairs hallway closet, we are storing our dry milk (YUCK!). That was the last of my long term food storage that I had to get. Thankfully my dad went with me to the cannery and helped me can it all and load it up. Thanks dad! You were a great help. It sure is nice to have something to show for all the work (and I must say $) that went into obtaining our year's supply!

2 comments:

Tess said...

Tiffany! It's beautiful! I'm so impressed.

teamZ said...

Wow, good job! I have been working on mine for years. Doen't it feel good knewing that you are prepared.