Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dance Festival

As a youth, I had always wished I would have been able to participate in a Youth Dance Festival.  But where I grew up, Dance Festivals didn't exist.

Then I recieved a call from my friend Keri, asking me to take the place of our Stake's Costume Coordinator for the Dance Festival that would be taking place in June.   Hayden had just started going to his new school, which meant I would have a little more time on my hands (homeschooling sucked up almost all my free/project time).  So, after Keri explained to me the time commitment involved, I decided that my free/project time could be put on hold until after the festival.

It was lots of work coordinating with the "head" costumerer and each of the ward's costumers to make sure EACH youth had ALL parts of their costumes and that the costumes fit.  After about 3 months of hard work, the costumes and the kids looked GREAT! 

I have now participated in a Dance Festival and hope to do so again, especially when my kids are old enough to participate!
Priests and Laurels doing the Disco!


Some youth chose to do extra "specialty" dances.  Here are youth doing the rhumba.  The girls' costumes were my favorites! 


Here are the priests and laurels leaving the field after doing the waltz.  Look how many there were!  Wow!

There were about 2000 youth from 7 Stakes!  That's a lot of kids to costume!  Here is just a section of the youth singing "How Firm a Foundation" at the end of the festival.  The spirit they brought was unforgettable.

No comments: