Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Each year there are 3 Halloween traditions that are a must for our family.

First, our kids host a Halloween Party.  It is so fun and so easy! 

All you need is "scary" food...

Monster cupcakes and Ghost nutter butter cookies were a few of our munchies! 

 A simple Halloween craft....

 and a "scary" movie! 
This year it was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
(since my boys were BOTH Harry Potter for Halloween, they even tried convincing Natalie to be Hermoine)

Our second tradition is to decorate the house! 
Dave and I were planning on adding these skeletons to our oustside graveyard decorations since last year.  Once the fog machine and strobe lights were going and "It's a Dead Man's Party" was booming, it made for a fun house to visit. 




and of course the last tradition is to go "Trick-or-Treating". 
This year the kids trick-or-treated at Dave's office on Friday, our neighborhood on Saturday (since Halloween landed on Sunday this year), and then we all passed out candy on Sunday. 
Alex-Quittach playing Harry Potter, Natalie-Princess Tiana, Hayden-"scholarly" Harry Potter.

1 comment:

teamZ said...

I loved the boys costumes this year. They were so handsome. I understand about the HP obsession. There was a group trying to have Hermoine as our girl name, but alas S won instead. I wish I had waddled down the street to hear "Dead Men's Party" with your decorations.