Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ice Skating




On Saturday, our ward had a fabulous ward activity. They rented out the local ice skating rink. So everyone in the ward could skate, along with any friends they brought along, for FREE!!! Including skate rental. The boys were so excited, but soon realized that ice skating was harder than it looks. But, they still gave it a go. Alex never even got off the ice to have cookies...he as that into it. One great thing the rink had was plastic chairs. These chairs could be used either to hold onto as you skate to help with balance or to sit in and have someone push you. Natalie loves sitting in the chair and begin pushed! She shreaked with excitement. However, my butt and neck hurt after pushing her around for 45 minutes. Talk about a good butt workout...it's still a little sore.

Hayden's meds aren't working as well...actually it's like he's not on anthing. AUGGHH! We upped his dose to a full pill today, so we'll see what happens.

I spent the morning looking for a chair and large ottoman for my family room that will coordinate with my leather couches. You'd think it would be an easy task and FUN!! But no...it's frustating. I found the perfect fabric...and I mean PERFECT! But, when they check it out they realized it could only be made with a certain chair and sofa. Another AUGGHH! They only had a few fabrics like that and of course I choose one of them. Hopefully I found another that will work. My friend, Keri, is going to come over and help me decided what fabric sample I should use.

This afternoon my plan is to organize/clean out the cupboards above my fridge and broom closet. I'm a little nervous about what I might find up there...

2 comments:

camille said...

I left a nice long comment yesturday - -- and it is not showing up. urrrgggg!!!!!

Sharrid said...

What a fun ward activity! I'm very impressed! Do you have more pix? I'd love to see one of Natalie being pushed in the plastic chair. I glad even the little ones were able to have fun. You mentioned Alex didn't want to get off the ice but what about Hayden?

It's the pits about Hayden's medicine. How much can you increase it and how long do you have to wait before doing it?

Any headway in the chair/ottoman hunt? I don't envy you at all.

Did you find anythng spooky in the cupboards? And what are you planning to clean today?