Friday, January 18, 2008

MIRACLE?!?

Well, yesterday I think we had a little miracle. Hayden's on this new medicine that is supposed to help with "symptom control" of his ADHD. I'm afraid to say this (is it possible to jinx yourself?) but I think this might be the miracle we've been praying for. On Wednesday, when be started the drug, he really struggled. He was very fidgety, non-stop talking, couldn't sleep (even with the help of a sleep aide) and was more emotional than usual. However, yesterday we only gave him half a dose of the medicine and he did great! He had a great day at school and at home. He actually sat and did his homework in a reasonable amount of time without continually getting up. He did his jobs without reminders and even drew himself a bath on his own. When it was time to turn the Wii off, he didn't object and even put his controllers away along with Alex's. After watching American Idol, he put his pillow away and CHOSE to fold his blankets and put them away. He went to bed without complaining and looked at books in bed until 8:30 and then turned his light off without me reminding him. Now, does this sound like normal Hayden? No...but the thought that it could be is exciting! Today he came home with a positive 58 points on his point sheet from school...rare occurrence to be in the positive these days. Can I just say Yippee! He is so happy. I am so happy! Hopefully this will continue...cross fingers.

Other miracles...I finally (after about 3 months) put pads on the bottom of the stool and garbage can in the 1/2 bath. I've been needed to do this before returning the garbage can and stool to the newly refinished hardwood floors in the bathroom. You would think that something that easy would have been finished long ago, but no.
I also cleaned out 2/3 of my family room cabinets. It feels so good to dejunk. I've been meaning to get that done for the last month. It's almost complete! It's nice to get these little things off my "to do" list.

This weekend we hope to finalize the kitchen chair/table issue. I hate making important decisions that I have to live with for it seems forever! Aughhh!

Hope everyone is having a great day!