
Since my parents decided to come and visit with us for about a month (turned out to be 6 weeks), I thought it would be a good chance to see if my boys were ready for piano lessons. When I was young, my mom taught me how to play the piano. She is a fabulous piano teacher! As a matter of fact, every Tuesday and Thursday after school were set aside for teaching piano lessons. Unfortunately I quit in the 5th grade and now regret it. Anyway, my mom agreed to teach the boys. So we headed off to Beacock Music, purchased some books and the next day both Hayden and Alex started their lessons.
Well, Alex just L-O-V-E-S playing the piano! The first thing he does each morning is to go downstairs and practice (thank goodness for digital pianos with a volume control!). I never have to remind him to fo his practing!!!!!!! He gets so excited when he learns a new note, or finger position, or passes off a song, etc. It is so exciting to hear him just sit at the piano throughout the day and play songs (instead of just banging the notes!).
Way to go Alex! and Thanks Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment