7 years ago
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
We have a SCOUT!
Hayden has been waiting and waiting to be in Cub Scouts! When I was the Cub Committee Chair, he came with me to a few of the Pack Meetings. From the first pack meeting he went to, he kept asking when he could go to cub scouts. Then it was "I can't wait until I turn 8! Then I can go to Cub Scouts". So, when it came time to get his uniform on for the first den meeting, it took NO encouragement from me. He was so excited! Needless to say, he has looked his book over many times, wants to wear his uniform to school and even when it's not scouts, and has already worked on signing many things off in his book here at home. Hopefully he will stay this excited for next 3 years!
As a side note...I didn't realize what a pain it is to sew patches on...UGHHHH. Thanks to those who have given me "patch" advise. Also, I didn't realize how much I would have to do as a parent to help Hayden get things signed off. I definately feel like I have earned my Bobcat pin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He's so cute in his uniform! You will earn every single pin, scouting doesn't happen without a good mom.
Post a Comment