Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Pool - California Vacation #4

Almost everyday (except Sunday and DL days) we spent a few hours at the Chase's neighborhood pool. This was the first year that I have gone to the pool and have not worried about watching my kids every moment. The boys have become such better swimmers lately that they could "hold their own" in the deep end of the pool. It was a lot of fun to see them jump in, chase after each other (or their cousins) and swim to the other side.
Alex doing the backstroke.
Hayden doing freestyle


Natalie also loved the pool. It took her about a day to get really comfortable. Then she started to jump in, luckily it was only when one of us was there to catch her. Towards the end of our first week in CA, Natalie figured that she could "swim" on her own, with the help of her arm muscles. She also loved to be tossed in the air from person to person! It was in the pool that Natalie REALLY bonded with her Aunt Jo and cousin Erin. I loved seeing her warm up to them more.
Nat with her cousin Erin. Erin was so sweet as she played with Natalie...thanks Erin!
Look! I can swim by myself!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I can't see your writing! You need to change your font color. But the pool pictures are great!