Sunday, August 24, 2008

39!

Dave is just ONE year away from turning 40! For his birthday, Dave had to attend a dinner with some board members from work, so we didn't celebrate it until this weekend.

Dave wanted rootbeer floats instead of cake for his birthday dessert...but I got him a carrot cake so he could still blow out his candles. (The messiness all over Dave's shirt is from staining our fence. He didn't have time to completely clean up before dessert)
One thing that Dave has been wanting for YEARS is a piano. Cha-ching! Piano's aren't so cheap so we have put off getting one. But, for his birthday, Dave decided the wait was over and that we needed to get a piano. He came across one that he really liked and begged for it (like a child! HEE HEE HEE!) for his birthday. So, we rearranged the living room (since we have my grandma's...or should I call it mine since possession is 9/10th of the law) dining room furniture in the dining room where we have always planned to have a piano.
Anyway, it has been nice to hear the kids and Dave sit down and to play the piano. But the great thing about this piano is that we can turn down the volume or the player can wear headphones!!! Yea!
Happy Birthday Dave!

6 comments:

Jo said...

Um.......that doesn't look like the baby grand I thought you guys were going to get. But it fits very nicely in your living room. Happy late birthday Dave!

Tamara said...

So does this mean that Dave can play? Can he sub in RS sometimes?

Steph said...

I think that's the same piano we have! Is it a Costco purchase? If so, we have had ours for a year and we love it!

camille said...

I bet mom wishes she had such a great piano when she was attempting to teach me how to play. I mean who wants to hear their child make herendous noises on the piano?!?!?! very intellegent and awesome buy! Happy Birthday Dave!!!

Sharrid said...

Dave's new piano looks alot like my "new" one. I LOVE the volume control. It's great when kids come over. I turn it almost off so I can hardly hear it even in the nearby kitchen. I haven't used the headphones but I have that option too. The wonders of modern machines!

:( I guess you don't want my old piano anymore. [Just kidding about my disappointment!!!]

TheEamesExpress said...

It sounds like a very nice birthday! Happy belated birthday to Dave. Great piano.