Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Battle Ground Lake Hike

Tamara has been wanting to take the kids on a "hike" around Battle Ground Lake. After living in Vancouver for over 6 years, I have never been to Battle Gound Lake and since I like to try new things with the kids, especially during summer vacation, I decided it would be fun to go. So we packed a picnic and headed out to the lake. The lake was much prettier than I expected. They have a nice swimming area, a playground, and camping (many next year will camp for a night).
During the hike the kids loved exploring the different little trails. They would get so excited that they would run ahead of us, with Natalie and Seth in toe. Did you know that Battle Gound Lake use to be a volcano? I didn't.
Look...a stick! What's with kids and sticks anyway? They tried to get the stick ALL the way in the water...

Anyway, after an enjoyable hike, we ate
our picnic and the kids played at the playground. What a great summer outing!

3 comments:

Nicole Jackson said...

Are you trying to fit in your last minute fun before school starts? I only have next week b/c we are camping the last week of AUG. This looks like fun! Enjoy these last few days of summer!

Tiffany said...

Yep! Can you believe summer vacation is almost over! It goes by too quick.

Anonymous said...

I looks and sounds like you guys have been having so much fun. These are all wonderful pictures and I'm glad you have had an enjoyable summer.
Katrina (I am having trouble with posting comments under my name)