Monday, August 11, 2008

My New Running Buddy

On Saturday I chose to sleep in (yeah!) so I didn't do an early morning run. Later in the day, I convinced Dave to let me take a break from doing yard work so I could fit in my run. (To be fair, it didn't take too much to convince him, he's very supportive of my exercising.) After I got all geared up, Alex came up to me and begged to go on a long bike ride...he LOVES riding his bike! There wasn't time for me to do both, so I asked him if he wanted to ride as I ran. Yep! I change my route so it would be kid/bike friendly and he joined me. He was so excited and kept asking me if I ever got to ride my bike as my mom or dad ran...NOPE! It was great having him come along and keep me company the whole 4 miles...with a few hills! When we were done I asked him if he'd take a picture with me so I could post it on my blog. His response..."I'm too tired and really sweaty!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey SISTA Reid! How are things!? I love your blog by the way. I wanted to make sure you had my blog address, so you can see what Golden and I are doing up here in Good ol' Rexburg. I miss you! I hope things are going good for you back in Vancouver. We wish we could come visit.

www.emilygoldentawzer.blogspot.com

Love, Emily!

Tamara said...

Sadly, he's probably faster than me! What a great way to spend some family time and get in a workout. Makes you feel like a "super mom," doesn't it?

Laura said...

Ethan and I do this at times as well - or at least we used to before the afternoons got too hot. He kicks my behind!