Saturday, August 16, 2008

Horseshoe Lake

One of the things I like to do with my kids during the summer is to go to the lake or river. Since we don't live close to a beach, this is the next best thing! A few years ago, when the boys were younger, we would go to Horseshoe Lake all the time. It's only about a half hour away, the parking is close, they have sand to play in by the water edge, there's a park and picnic tables and it's FREE! I have rediscovered this lake this year. I love it because, unlike the river, there is no current and it's shallow for quite a ways. This is great for toddlers like Natalie. Anyway, on Wednesday, the Perkins and my family spent the afternoon there and had a great time. I just love how the kids play so well when they are entertained by sand and water.

Ryan in a tube tower.

Alex loves to play in the sand!
The Perkins Family
Ready, Set, Go...
Super speed!
Wait for me!

No comments: