Usually when the time comes around for us to deliver Christmas goodies to our friends, I end up doing a LOT of baking. But not this year! After I realized I would have to make too much English toffee to fill my goodie containers, I decided to make chocolate covered pretzels instead. Dipping pretzels into chocolate is not my favorite thing to do because it is VERY time consuming. However, I decided that my boys were old enough to help out and they DID! They were initially thinking it would only take a few minutes and then they could go and play more Wii, then I told them they had to continue until we either ran out of pretzels or chocolate. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble. But, after about 30 minutes we were DONE! And shortly thereafter, the goodies were delivered! I think I will do this every year because then the kids can help and...who doesn't just LOVE chocolate covered pretzels?!? YUM!

Then on Monday we had our traditional (3rd year) Family Christmas FHE Party. It was a little crazy with 17 young kids, but they had a great time so it was worth it! Dave prepared a short Christmas message, we caroled (only to 2 houses because it was SO COLD!!!), ate lots of goodies and drank hot chocolate and egg nog, and then the kids did their white elephant gift exchange! We love to have get togethers were the kids are able to spend time with their friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment