Friday, July 31, 2009

Cub Scout Day Camp-"Scouting the West"

Last week our Pack was able to go to Cub Scout Day Camp at Scouter's Mountain in Oregon. Even though it was hot the first few days, the boys had a great time. They learned how to shoot bb guns, how to rope cattle, some first aid, about some native plants, different ways to make a fire, about the OR and WA state flags, etc. I know Hayden loved it and is excited to go back next year. I, on the other hand, was wiped out by the end of the week and ready for a vacation (alone)!
Taking a lunch break.

Archery

Hayden posing by his bullseye!

Making Native American chokers.
Shooting his bb gun.
Launching bottle rockets.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Cub day camp is so much fun! I love the picture of Hayden posing by his bullseye - that's one prowd boy!